What happened to Hope Savage?

The place not for Burroughs but for the Burroughsian -- Scientology, Lemurs, Weapons, Mind Control...

Moderator: RealityStudio

torsrthidesen
Name a Burroughs book: junky

What happened to Hope Savage?

Postby torsrthidesen » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:17 am

Does anyone here know anything, at all, about what happened to Hope Savage? She was Corso's girlfriend, if I remember correctly, and close to Ginsberg as well. A short bio of her is covered in "A Blue Hand - The Beats in India" (which of course should be called "Ginsberg in India")
The author of Blue Hand draws a blank over what happened to her after she disappeared from the Beats mythos.

I often will think of her, and routinely google her for information, but sadly she is not well-remebered, and besides Gary Snyder, I think, all who were associated with her has passed away.

Does anyone have any information? Links? Other books where she is mentioned?

Namaste.

Frank

Re: What happened to Hope Savage?

Postby Frank » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:42 am

kevin Ring, over at Beatscene, has a very informative chap book about Savage. Doesn't totally uncover the mystery but does give us a view of this mystery woman that we wouldn't have otherwise.

Kevin Ring and Beatscene are 2 of the best things that ever happened to us fans of the beat writers. The man is an unsung hero in my book.

Thanks Kevin.

torsrthidesen

Postby torsrthidesen » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:02 am

Frank wrote:kevin Ring, over at Beatscene, has a very informative chap book about Savage. Doesn't totally uncover the mystery but does give us a view of this mystery woman that we wouldn't have otherwise.

Kevin Ring and Beatscene are 2 of the best things that ever happened to us fans of the beat writers. The man is an unsung hero in my book.

Thanks Kevin.

WOW. I never even heard of 'Beat scene'. Will check it out now.

torsrthidesen

Postby torsrthidesen » Wed May 07, 2014 10:06 am

Anyone else know anything?

Return to “Burroughsian”