On Sat 4/14/2007 at 9PM, New York musical Artists David Aaron (http://www.davidaaron.net) and Adriano Morez (http://www.myspace.com/adrianomorez) ) along with WaxMachine (http://www.myspace.com/waxmachine) will be doing a special show at the Brooklyn Lyceum (http://www.gowanus.com) that will include works inspired by the cut-up technique of legendary author William Burroughs.
Aaron, Morez, and Wax Machine will be setting up "containers" where in the weeks preceding the performance date anyone can enter text or voice responses to three questions posed by the event's producer. The contents of these responses will them be "cut-up" by the artists in advance of the performance and the resulting new words and sounds will form the basis of new songs and hip hop pieces. This will be an opportunity for the audience to experience hearing themselves represented in what will be going on on-stage. The groups will also be performing some of their more traditional material.
Anyone interested in contributing their words or voice to the mix can do so by:
1) Visiting http://www.davidaaron.net/cutup.html - here you can type your anonymous responses to the questions and submit them anonymously via the web
2) Dialing 646-417- 5673 and leaving an anonymous voicemail in response to the audio prompts.
Third Mind - An Evening of Rock and Roll and Hip Hop Inspired by the Cut-up Technique of William Burroughs
- Saturday April 14, 2007, 9PM
- Starring David Aaron and Adriano Morez with WaxMachine
- Brooklyn Lyceum , 227 Fourth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY (http://www.gowanus.com)
The place not for Burroughs but for the Burroughsian -- Scientology, Lemurs, Weapons, Mind Control...
1 post • Page 1 of 1