The Convoluted Universe

The place not for Burroughs but for the Burroughsian -- Scientology, Lemurs, Weapons, Mind Control...

Moderator: RealityStudio

Paul Sempschi

The Convoluted Universe

Post by Paul Sempschi » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:52 pm

"The Convoluted Universe" is a book by Dolores Cannon who specializes in hypnotism and the "recovery" of "lost" "memories/lives". The book (in two volumes) is quite an incredible read, dealing with Earth as invented and affected by aliens. I consider it to be pure science fiction as I consider Plato to be pure drama. These books are just so full of great ideas and great science fiction.
What turned me on was early in the first volume, they talk about how Earth was created as a paradise for physical delights that semi-corporeal aliens would visit as a reward for good work then leave to continue this work. The only thing was that the aliens got wrapped up in the physicality of Earthly delights and became trapped in a phsyical, human form. You can see how this draws upon Burroughs view of Hassan Sabbah's garden. The whole book reads like fodder for Burroughs philosophy and is a recommended read. Just please (and I cant stress this enough) take it with a grain of salt- I recommended "Chariots of the Gods" to someone 5 years back and it facillitated unhealthy delusions in him. Then again, if you can handle WSB and the Insect Trust, this is will be no sweat.