Are you ready for 4 years of ball busting?

The place not for Burroughs but for the Burroughsian -- Scientology, Lemurs, Weapons, Mind Control...

Moderator: RealityStudio

edward_de_vere

Are you ready for 4 years of ball busting?

Post by edward_de_vere » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Closing remarks from Jim Goad's latest op-ed:
Animosity between the sexes is natural rather than a “social construct.” It is so pervasive that it may be genetically hardwired. But in the current climate, such animosity is only being encouraged in one direction, while it is demonized in the other. When people talk about “sexism,” it’s as if galloping misandry doesn’t exist.

If you even remark on the double standard, they cackle that you’re a “scared little boy” and they’ve “touched a nerve.”

Gender shouldn’t be an issue in this election or any other. But if women insist on making it one, men would be wise to follow suit.

And in the nightmare scenario that she wins, men would also be wise to heed the advice of dead gay junkie William S. Burroughs:

Find yourself in a matriarchy walk don’t run to the nearest frontier.
http://takimag.com/article/are_you_rea ... z4PKvBiF4A

dheadley
Name a Burroughs book: Junky

Re: Are you ready for 4 years of ball busting?

Post by dheadley » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:34 pm

WSB thought 'women were an evolutionary error'. He could have had a lively discussion with Malcolm Gladwell.....

So what's the cause of Clinton's deep unpopularity? Gladwell says it's sexism, pure and simple.

"She is being penalized for having a series of traits that people find unacceptable in a woman," he said, noting the negative perception of Clinton predates her email and Benghazi scandals. "This goes back two decades now."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malcolm-gl ... -1.3838449

edward_de_vere

Post by edward_de_vere » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:31 am

dheadley wrote:WSB thought 'women were an evolutionary error'. He could have had a lively discussion with Malcolm Gladwell.....

So what's the cause of Clinton's deep unpopularity? Gladwell says it's sexism, pure and simple.

"She is being penalized for having a series of traits that people find unacceptable in a woman," he said, noting the negative perception of Clinton predates her email and Benghazi scandals. "This goes back two decades now."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malcolm-gl ... -1.3838449
The gender and race cards are played all too often in public life. If I had a nickel for every time I heard some idiot say "You only criticize me or don't like me because I'm a woman/black/latino/ etc" I'd be a rich man.

In the case of Clinton, her trail of sleaze (along with her husband's) goes back far beyond the email server and Benghazi. It goes back to her and Bill's days of influence peddling in Arkansas. This isn't to say it's necessarily much worse than many other politicians, but it's no excuse. For instance, the political right hate Obama as much or more than the Clintons, but they haven't been able to pin any plausible charges of illegal activity on him. This isn't because they hate him less, but probably because Obama conducts himself according to higher ethical standards than the Clintons.

Moreover, as Jim Goad's op-ed points out, people obsess over misogyny while ignoring the very real misandry of women in positions of power. Radical feminists routinely say things about men that are far worse than anything misogynists like Burroughs have said about women, the difference is that they're never called on it. Hillary Clinton certainly oozes radical feminist ideology from every pore, and will use the Presidency as a bully pulpit for this ideology.

dheadley
Name a Burroughs book: Junky

Post by dheadley » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:18 pm

"Hillary Clinton certainly oozes radical feminist ideology from every pore, and will use the Presidency as a bully pulpit for this ideology."

And lots of men will go along with it. I guess that's Jim Goad's point.

Too bad we will never hear WSB's take on today's gender politics.
Last edited by dheadley on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.