Burroughs predicting the Kennedy Assassination?

This is the place to talk about everything Burroughs.

Moderator: RealityStudio

BansheeYage
Name a Burroughs book: Junky

Burroughs predicting the Kennedy Assassination?

Post by BansheeYage » Tue May 30, 2017 3:27 am

I finished the compilation Interzone today and I ran across something interesting that I thought I'd share with you guys. In these lines I felt like there was almost some sort of allusion to Kennedy, yet the Word Hoard section of the book where it is found in was written between 1954 and 1958, years before Kennedy had been killed.

"...hair and blood spurt out 1963 on the wall."

"Yes sir, boys, the shit really hit the fan in '63"

Those lines are taken out of context sure, but I thought it was strange how out of all the years Burroughs could have chosen he picked 1963.
"I have a thousand faces and a thousand names. I am nobody I am everybody. I am me I am you. I am here there forward back in out. I stay everywhere I stay nowhere. I stay present I stay absent."

torsrthidesen
Name a Burroughs book: junky

Re: Burroughs predicting the Kennedy Assassination?

Post by torsrthidesen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:48 am

That's pretty cool. But we can't confirm it was actually in the "original" Word Hoard?

BansheeYage
Name a Burroughs book: Junky

Re: Burroughs predicting the Kennedy Assassination?

Post by BansheeYage » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:36 pm

This is true, however in the introduction to the book James Grauerholtz does not make any mention of any later alterations to the text.
"I have a thousand faces and a thousand names. I am nobody I am everybody. I am me I am you. I am here there forward back in out. I stay everywhere I stay nowhere. I stay present I stay absent."