Masterson's Rules of Duel

This is the place to talk about everything Burroughs.

Moderator: RealityStudio

edward_de_vere

Masterson's Rules of Duel

Post by edward_de_vere » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:16 am

I've been thinking of ordering a copy of Graham Masterson's Rules of Duel, the main interest in Masterson being on account of his connection to Burroughs via Mayfair Academy.

I had assumed that Burroughs is only listed as a "co-author" on the book on account of his introduction, but I also remember reading a couple of secondary sources that (perhaps mistakenly) claimed that Burroughs contributed to the text of the book itself. Does anybody know if WSB actually contributed something other than the introduction to the novel?

Jed

Re: Masterson's Rules of Duel

Post by Jed » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Masterson talks about Burroughs' involvement in this interview.

http://realitystudio.org/interviews/int ... burroughs/

edward_de_vere

Post by edward_de_vere » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks. From the article, it seems like Burroughs' only contribution to the text was reading parts of it and saying that he liked the contents, so that crediting him as a "co-author" is a bit of a stretch.

Jim Pennington
Name a Burroughs book: Junky

Post by Jim Pennington » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:54 pm

It is a very good read... its structure is quite an intriguing facet to cut-up (in this case the little studied intersection technique) . let alone the way its content colours in detail to the Piccadilly London that Burroughs and Masterson shared. I recommend it. Especially since the later printings have got rid of some typos and transciption errors.