Steve Buscemi WSB100 Event Sept 13th

This is the place to talk about everything Burroughs.

Moderator: RealityStudio

BansheeYage
Name a Burroughs book: Junky

Steve Buscemi WSB100 Event Sept 13th

Post by BansheeYage » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:52 pm

I was wondering how many of you know about or are planning on going to the spoken word performance Steve Buscemi is doing at the Issue Project Room in Brooklyn on Sept 13th of Burroughs work. Should be pretty exciting and entertaining and a great celebration of Burroughs writing.
"I have a thousand faces and a thousand names. I am nobody I am everybody. I am me I am you. I am here there forward back in out. I stay everywhere I stay nowhere. I stay present I stay absent."

DrBenway1210
Name a Burroughs book: The Ticket That Exploded

Re: Steve Buscemi WSB100 Event Sept 13th

Post by DrBenway1210 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:17 pm

If I lived nearby I wouldn't miss it. What did you think about the Rub Out the Word album? He did a great job there. Makes you wonder about how awesome would he be playing Bill.

edward_de_vere

Post by edward_de_vere » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:59 pm

It's a shame that nothing ever came of Buscemi's plan to produce and direct a film adaptation of Junky and Queer. Yet another interesting film project trapped in development hell, apparently.

DrBenway1210

Post by DrBenway1210 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:46 pm

edward_de_vere wrote:It's a shame that nothing ever came of Buscemi's plan to produce and direct a film adaptation of Junky and Queer. Yet another interesting film project trapped in development hell, apparently.
I just hope Steve doesn't give up when he becomes too old to star in it himself. And i sure hope he produces the film anyway with an age-appropriate actor out there. I would do it for free.

edward_de_vere

Post by edward_de_vere » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:49 am

I just hope Steve doesn't give up when he becomes too old to star in it himself. And i sure hope he produces the film anyway with an age-appropriate actor out there.
If Buscemi was planning on playing Lee (Burroughs), he's already too old for the role. The character is supposed to be in his late 30's in Junky and Queer, Buscemi is probably close to if not past 60.

Ben Foster did a decent job as a young Burroughs in Kill Your Darlings (even though the film itself didn't do much for me), he'd be a good choice for Lee in Junky/Queer. If the film were made 10 years ago as Buscemi first planned, Crispin Glover would have been great for the role too, but Glover is now probably well into his 50's.

DrBenway1210

Post by DrBenway1210 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:09 pm

edward_de_vere wrote:
Ben Foster did a decent job as a young Burroughs in Kill Your Darlings (even though the film itself didn't do much for me), he'd be a good choice for Lee in Junky/Queer. If the film were made 10 years ago as Buscemi first planned, Crispin Glover would have been great for the role too, but Glover is now probably well into his 50's.
I thought Mortensen was the best Burroughs ever on screen.