Mentored by a Madman - Andrew Lees

This is the place to talk about everything Burroughs.

Moderator: RealityStudio

Jed

Mentored by a Madman - Andrew Lees

Post by Jed » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:19 am

I have not read this book yet, but I definitely plan on doing so. I just wanted to place it on people's radar if they have not heard about it. There have been numerous posts in the forum on Burroughs' influence on scientists. In this book, Lees makes Burroughs' influence on his work on neurology the subject of a book/essay. As suggested by Raymond Tallis' review, I am hard pressed to think of a book related to Burroughs that would have pleased Burroughs more. Lees has been linked with the late Oliver Sacks and one of Lees books Ray of Hope was highly regarded in terms of awards etc. So the book promises to be not just an interesting angle on Burroughs and his influence but a pleasure to read.

http://www.nottinghilleditions.com/auth ... w-lees/409

In addition Notting Hill Editions has a fantastic track record. They publish essays and their list of authors is fantastic as are the essays they select to print. I read W.G. Sebald's On the Natural History of Destruction in the Notting Hill Edition. Other authors include favorites of mine like Roland Barthes, Joe Brainard, Georges Perec, Rem Koolhaas, and Hal Foster.

I cannot wait to get my copy. Go out and get yours.