FINAL HOURS "7786-Burroughs, Wm." foreword by Victor Bockris

This is the place to talk about everything Burroughs.

Moderator: RealityStudio

pclement
Name a Burroughs book: Junky

FINAL HOURS "7786-Burroughs, Wm." foreword by Victor Bockris

Post by pclement » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:17 pm

http://www.burroughsbook.com

Hi everyone, thank you for letting me share this project on your messageboard.
I am a University of Kansas Senior and I am publishing a photobook/research project on Mr. Burroughs.

Aside from being a photobook of unpublished Burroughs portraiture, it also takes a unique look at the creation and perpetuation of Burroughs' public image. We are an Undergraduate and Interdisciplinary Grant Applicant and all profits from the book will benefit charity (Kickstarter doesn't allow campaigns to mention charitable aims).

Our Kickstarter funds not only the "7786-Burroughs, Wm." book, but also a local exhibit of work from Bob Blank, the photographer of the portraits and a longtime Lawrence photo studio owner.

Our Campaign ends DECEMBER 21st.

You can get a Limited Edition Hardcover book, numbered and stamped for $30 + shipping. That includes a set of Burroughs postcards as well.
Thank you again for allowing me to share this project with you and I welcome your comments and feedback.

- Patrick

Last edited by pclement on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pclement

Re: Burrough Book Project: "7786-Burroughs, Wm."

Post by pclement » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:20 pm

I also wanted to add that (if we are funded) all pledges will receive postcards before Chirstmas, so if you'd like to give them as a gift, you will have something to give while the books are being printed.

pclement

Re: Burrough Book Project: "7786-Burroughs, Wm."

Post by pclement » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:52 pm

pclement

Re: FINAL HOURS "7786-Burroughs, Wm." foreword by Victor Boc

Post by pclement » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Thank you everyone for allowing me to share this on the board.
We have received a lot of support from Burroughs fans, and thank you if you've pledged or shared this project!

We are in the final hours of our campaign, we end at MIDNIGHT on Sunday Dec 21st.
If you've been hovering around and waiting for the last minute, it's the last minute.

We've already met our goal, but we are still accepting pledges for BOOKS, PRINTS and other rewards like BOXED SETS, and a limited TINTYPE.
Prints can be expensive and we are offering them at really reasonable prices. All of our prints are chemical prints, using wet chemistry on silver-halide paper from the original negatives.

Because we've met our goal we were able to announce that Victor Bockris will write a forward for the book.
The only text in the book actually.
You all have probably read his book A Report From the Bunker. I know him from his book Beat Punks, a great read.

Thanks again and if you are interested in pledging you can visit http://www.burroughsbook.com
Thanks again!